Thursday 5 March 2015

Fiber Goodness

Progress has been very slow on the fiber front, but here's what I've been up to.
 The secret knitting: a pair of ankle socks.  It's proving difficult to find secret time to work on these.  Plus I have hit a stand still until I can somehow measure someone's foot without raising suspicions.

 The shawl:  The lace I finished and shared a few weeks back...it's really a pillowcase edging but done in worsted cotton.  The part I'm on now is just a simple crochet back and forth (the only crochet I have learned thus far).  Progress is slow on this one because I have to really watch what I'm doing (#newbie) so I don't dare pull it out in my usual knitting time ---Downton Abbey and such, but it is coming along.  I need it for late April and I think I can do it.  I *know* I can do it.

On the spinning wheel:  Some very minor progress on the spinning.  I purchased an Alpaca, Merino, Bamboo blend from Alpaca Avenue the last time I was in Toronto and progress was slow because I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it.  Now that I have a project picked out, I think I'll get to it more often.

On the bookshelf:  I'm reading Charles Dickens' ThePickwick Papers.  I'm pretty sure it is the only Dickens I haven't read yet.  I usually love his books, but I can't seem to really get into this one.  Granted I'm only on page 40 or so, and I'm only reading 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there, so it's not really getting a fair chance.

In the shop:  If you haven't seen it yet, I'm one of the March sponsors at Frontier Dreams.  
Hop on over to this blog post to find the code for 15% off anything in my etsy shop during the entire month of March.

Linking up with friends at:
Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm Craft on
Fiber Arts Friday over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder


8 comments:

  1. Lovely projects, your spinning is beautiful! :) I am also reading Dickens - "David Copperfield." I look forward to seeing your completed socks. Sock knitting is a goal of mine! Have a great week, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lace - gorgeous! Don't know how you would work measuring someone's foot into a regular conversation! Love, love Dickens, but I have found he needs a good hour or so at a time to really get into it. Which is your favourite? I don't think I could decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the lace and the contrasting colors :) lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way knitting looks. Makes everything look so nice. I can knit a little bit but I'm still a newbie. Don't know if I can tackle a big project. I suppose I just need practice. If only there were more hours in the day...
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the edging of your shawl. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you use a shoe to measure the foot? You would probably need to subtract a 1/2" or so. That shawl is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shawl is going to be lovely. Secret socks when measuring foot size really is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lve e sock colors especially!

    ReplyDelete