Tuesday 29 September 2015

What I've been working on - Shawl Pins

My new shawl pins are finished and I couldn't be happier with them.

I'm not sure if I shared the "work in progress" picture, but these were started months and months ago.

The flower is my favourite...

And the leaf is my favourite...

 ...and these clean and simple rings are my other favourites. :)
I made them in shawl size, and scarf size...mostly because my shawl is still (!) not finished and I wanted to wear one straight away.   

The wooden portion took us a really long time to get right.  
We had many (many!) failed attempts before I was happy with the results.

I have another batch ready to glaze...I'm just trying to decide if I want them in one solid colour like the first batch, or if I fancy them up a bit with some double dipping.  
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Joining my friends today at:

8 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I especially love the green leaf. Are these available in your etsy shop? I may have to treat myself to one to go with the lace shawl I just knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. They will be available in my etsy shop this week. Hopefully by tomorrow. And I saw your shawl...it's gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. Oh they are all beautiful (though my heart is stolen by the turquoise!). As for double dipping I think it depends on how, and which colours, but I do think it would be fun to dip the flower in one colour and then just the petals in another, a bit like roses when they go from white at the centre to pink at the edges :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty shawl pins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think they are rather perfect just the way they are!!! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them the way they are. The more simple, the more shawls they'll match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if they would work as hairslides too. Or maybe too heavy. They are so pretty. I love the shapes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have wondered the same but my hair is too short right now to test them out. My friend has volunteered to try them out soon so I will keep people posted.

      Delete