Tuesday 13 October 2015

Not your grandma's yarn bowl...

I've been working on a fun series of yarn bowls.  
They're shapes I've been wanting to try for a while now.
All geometric.

All different sizes.

So far, all white.
Because some of my customers live in modern "abodes".
And some knitters are men...who want something a little less fussy.

Inside view of the one above.


Works in progress:
There will be several more coming.


And I'm thinking some will double as candle bowls...with patterns punched in them.
I can't wait to get back into the studio (I've been too ill to work in clay).

Linking up with:


12 comments:

  1. Love the originality! Handbuilt using slabs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are stunning! Very lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, they would go in any settling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Lucy. I really think they would. 😄

      Delete
  4. These are the best yarn bowls I've seen yet. I love how original and clasic they are at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Caffeine Girl, that is quite a compliment. Thank you so very much.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for leaving a comment on my pottery houses. It's lovely to hear from a fellow potter. Absolutely LOVE the yarn bowls, they look amazing. What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So. SO! Awesome. I love Love LOVE these.

    ReplyDelete