Tuesday 27 October 2015

One finished object, one WIP

I've finished my first successful stranded knitting project and I couldn't be more thrilled.
 The pattern is Baby Snowflake by The Cozy Knitter and is absolutely lovely.

 I learned a couple new techniques...and now I want to put the delightful "latvian braid" on everything.
 And the back is just as lovely as the front.   
Note, the super bright colour!

In progress:
So many buttons.  My stockpile is quite low so I'm hustling to get a bunch finished in time for people to add to their Christmas gifts and other cold weather knits.  
Pictured, these are the same as this pendant, which I have had several requests to turn into buttons.
Won't it make an adorable large button?

Joining my friends today at:

9 comments:

  1. Two absolutely beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that leaf as a pendant is gorgeous. Do you make them with just one hole at the stem end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure can, Chris. If you need some, let me know in the next couple of days and I can get them through the next kiln firing. They would be finished in about 3 weeks.

      Delete
  3. Love both of these! The colors are fantastic together - so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful knitting!
    I'm thinking those leaves would be perfect on a sweater I'm making but I think the button holes may be a bit small...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, I actually put larger than normal holes in these buttons as I figured they would be on larger knits with bulkier yarns. When they come out, I can send you a little message with the diameter of the holes if you like...or I can make some up this week that have even larger holes. If I know how many you would need by Friday, they will make it through this coming kiln firing.

      Delete
  5. oh my! such a beautiful knit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty. I love the mittens

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mitts with great colourwork. And the leaves are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete